What Is the Geneo Oxygen Facial?
By now, we all know that oxygen is vital to, you know, breathing and living. But did you know it’s also vital to how your skin looks? Geneo is like an oxygen treatment but on a whole other level. There are three parts to it—a gentle exfoliation, then the infusion of antioxidants and nutrients, and then the oxygenation. This treatment allows you to get the exfoliation benefits of microdermabrasion plus deep facial rejuvenation with the infusion of essential revitalizing nutrients and healing skin oxygenation from within. What’s more, the treatments are beneficial for all skin types and can be tailored to specific skin concerns and sensitivities. Treatments range from $149 to $300 and ranges from 30, 60 or 75 minutes.
Benefits of the Geneo Oxygen Facial
- Plumps skin
- Hydrates skin
- Brightens skin
- Shrinks the appearance of pores
- Improves skin texture
- Reduces hyperpigmentation
Best of all, the results aren’t surface level. Rather, since it works from the inside out, (more on that below), it allows the CO2 to penetrate into the skin to create the oxygenating effect at the deepest layer, which makes for more noticeable, longer-lasting results.
Unlike standard oxygen facials, the Geneo Oxygen treatment doesn’t push oxygen into your skin (which can sometimes lead to redness and sensitivity). Rather, it makes the oxygenation occur from the inside.
Here’s how it works: Both of the treatment gels you can choose from interact with the tip of the handpiece used, which creates carbon dioxide bubbles and causes oxygen-rich blood to come to the surface of your skin. Based on a natural process in our body called the “Bohr Effect”, the Geneo Oxygen facial creates a layer of carbon dioxide on the skin’s surface to trigger this effect which rushes blood to our face to release oxygen into the skin. Many other oxygen-related facials force oxygen from outside in, which actually decreases our skin’s oxygen levels as our body is always trying to reach homeostasis. With this treatment, the increase of oxygen in our skin is created from inside out, naturally.
So basically, this magical wand is actually drawing oxygen to the surface from the inside, instead of pushing it into your face. It makes a world of difference.
How to Prepare for a Geneo Oxygen Facial
There aren’t any major prep steps that need to be obliged by leading up to a Geneo Oxygen facial. However, if you’d like to speed up the process, consider arriving at your appointment without any makeup on. Other than that, go about your day as usual.
What to Expect During a Geneo Oxygen Facial
You have a choice of choosing NeoRevive for anti-aging or NeoBright for brightening.
Who Shouldn’t Use Geneo?
1. Guests under 18 years of age.
2. Guests with a heart pacemaker, an internal pacemaker, an implantable nerve stimulator, or any other internal electrical device.
3. Guests with metal implants in the treatment area.
4. Pregnant or breastfeeding Guests.
5. Guests with cancer, and those who have ever had skin cancer.
6. Guests with immunocompromising diseases such as AIDS, or Guests taking immunosuppressing drugs.
7. Guests with heart disease, leprosy, or lupus erythematosus.
8. Guests with endocrine disorders, such as diabetes.
9. Guests with a history of blood coagulation abnormalities, or Guests using anticoagulants.
10. Guests with heat sensitivity or a history of heat stimulation, such as recurrent herpes simplex in the area of treatment.
11. Guests with vascular abnormalities, such as microvascular dilation, venous flexion, thrombosis, phlebitis.
12. Guests with conditions in the treatment area, such as pain, bleeding, sepsis, psoriasis, eczema, and redness.
13. Guests with a history of skin diseases, such as keloid scars, wound healing abnormalities, or dry fragile skin.
Following a Geneo Oxygen facial, you can go about your life and daily routine as usual. Unlike some skincare treatments that prevent you from being able to drink or workout following the treatment, Geneo doesn’t require any extra steps after treatment. That said, it’s still a good idea to layer on sunscreen before exposing yourself to direct sunlight, as the exfoliation step may make your skin slightly more sensitive and, just in general, sunscreen is always a good idea.
Additional Treatments for Hydrated and Plump, Soft Skin
Pairing Oxygen facial with another procedure, such as Tripollar Radio Frequency (skin tightening facelift) and an Ultrasound Treatment (deeper active product penetration for soft, plump skin) upgrade, can leave you with even better results.
We pride ourselves on providing Unisex Skincare Services. So that everyone could enjoy great skin!